Cast Your Ballots – For the 2020 Transforming Care Awards
This year at the Transforming Care Conference, we are once again honoring five outstanding people and one superlative organization who have made major positive impacts on behalf of the LGBTQ+ and HIV/AIDS communities. This year, our Awards Committee is putting additional emphasis on recognizing providers, community activists, and organizations who are helping provide care and support to The Invisibles while also actively fighting white supremacy. Now it’s your turn to make sure your voice is heard! You can submit your nominees for the 2020 Transforming Care Awards through September 11 via this link. Feel free to submit as many nominations as you’d like, and to vote in as many categories as you’d like. If you think an organization or person is worthy of recognition, vote for them! It can be any person or organization that serves the LGBTQ+ community, anywhere, but our primary focus is on Ohio and surrounding states. Here’s the categories this year:
- Medical Provider: This award will recognize a medical provider – nurse, physician, pharmacist, etc. – who has helped patients overcome racial, economic, ability, and/or language barriers to care and provided radically inclusive LGBTQ+ or HIV/AIDS healthcare.
- Social Service Provider: This award will recognize a social service provider – including social workers, counselors, etc. – who has helped community members overcome racial, economic, ability, and/or language barriers to care and provided radically inclusive LGBTQ+ or HIV/AIDS healthcare.
- Community Advocate: This award will recognize a community advocate – including activists, community organizers, volunteers, etc. – who passionately advocates for the LGBTQ+ or HIV community and practices radical inclusivity to help community members overcome racial, economic, ability, and/or language barriers.
- Trailblazer: This award will recognize an individual who has shown life-long dedication to the health and wellness of the LGBTQ+ and/or HIV communities, with a focus on intersectional work that also aims to dismantle oppression.
- Emerging Leader: This award will recognize a young and/or emerging professional, student, or activist who has made a significant positive and intersectional impact in the field of LGBTQ+ and/or HIV health and wellness.
- Outstanding Organization: This award will recognize a business, non-profit, or other organization that has created significant and impactful improvement(s) in the field of LGBTQ+ & HIV health and wellness, while also working to end health inequities created by racial, economic, ability, and/or language barriers to care.
Don’t delay! Nominate today! Here’s the nomination link one more time: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/2020-tcc-awards
Also, early bird registration has been extended to September 7! Register here: https://equitashealthinstitute.com/conferences/transforming-care/2020-transforming-care-registration/